background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Friday, May 21, 2010

Big Boy, Big Mess!





He's eating more on "his own" these days. Mr. Independent for sure (yes, mom I know, "you get what you were." I'm already feeling the regret for all the "Miss Independent" things I did and I'm sure this is only the beginning of what is to come.

He loves the fork, he wouldn't eat this last week until he got my fork. Of course I didn't give in so he didn't eat a whole lot. :-S So the next day we all ate with our fingers and by the next day I had a chance to get some plastic silverware for him. Guess what he ate all his food with (pureed baby food keep in mind)... his FORK! crazy kid.

He kicked the peaches over the other night in his "I want a fork" hissy-fit and they went EVERYWHERE... the floor, chairs, cupboards, fridge, and even the ceiling! Quite the mess to clean up. Last night it was a thrown bowl of Sweet Potato, turkey & rice dinner, but I think it has bits of carrots in it, he doesn't like the solid pieces. The texture of solids really throws him for a loop still. So finding big boy food is hard, especially when he doesn't want to eat the baby food for that meal.

Mom, I'm sorry.... I get it now..... :-) LOVE YOU!!

Kim

No comments: