I think we've finally found a bedtime routine that works with no tears. :-)
We take a bath, play and hang out, go to the bedroom around 7:30 to read books. I start the lullaby cd when we sit down to read and then depending on how tired he is we read from 7:30-8ish. We always stop at or right before 8 and end with the same book.
The music is still playing, he cuddles up on my shoulder, I rub his back and tell him how much I love him. We move towards the bed, I turn out the light, give him lots of kisses as I lay him down. Say good night, one last kiss. I give him his teddy and cover him (the fan is on for circulation and sometimes he gets cold). He rolls over and I walk out the door.
The last 2 nights we've been great! Now that I've posted this though I'm sure I'm jinxing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment