background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Monday, March 1, 2010

Unplugged! and staying asleep?

Peaches are a great fruit! Problem is, we don't have anymore fruits here in the house. I thought we bought some the other day, but we got carrots! Fiberous, but not as great at the fruit!

no, you may not care about my son's bowel movements as much as I/we do... but this is a journal of his life and you are the one looking on. Oh well. :-)

Just curious if others have any advice for getting a little boy to go back to sleep once he wakes 1, 2, 3, or 4 times in a night? I don't think he's hungry, I just think he doesn't know how to go back to sleep. Last night we let him fuss for about half an hour. He doesn't "cry" just whine. Finally Josh went in and laid his hand on him for about 5 min and he was asleep for the rest of the night/morning. Do we just let him figure it out? (and get little sleep as well), do we rush to his aid and soothe him? (giving him a crutch), or do we try a mixture of both and then how do we know what to do when? Advice welcome!

(PS- I don't want to hear about kids who slept through the night at 3 wks or something obsured like that,... those stories are just depressing, not helpful!)

Kim

3 comments:

kmeyer62406 said...

turn the baby monitor off, shut all the doors, and pray that he goes back to sleep. We let addison cry the first couple of times she was awake in the middle of the night and now she sleeps through, with the exception of teething or sick or things like that.

G & G Meyer said...

well, your son's father when he slept at night, we had to go in and put our hand on his back, what started as a 5 minute hand pat changed to a 10 min, then, 20 min. He was the same way!!! He would pop his head up with those big blue eyes and a big grin!! He was probably 3 when he started sleeping all night(kidding) does he do any better now? Then he started walking in his sleep!!

I love the pictures you put on here, he is so darn cute, if I say so myself! GMA Meyer

The Schilling's said...

When Autumn wakes up, I turn her little glow worm back on, put her pacifer back in her mouth and let her go back to sleep.
If necessary, I continue to get up and put the pacifier back in. It gives her a crutch and it also allows her to know that I'm not leaving her.
On the rare occasion, and I'm very sleepy-- she comes to bed with me that way I can hold the pacifier and sleep. I'm sure this isn't a great solution tho!