background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cry, lay down, cry, lay down, cry........ so stubborn

As I write this post I have gotten up at least 10x (no lie) to go lay a crying little boy down. He is very tired at night, really starts to rub his eyes around 8pm. The last week or so now at 8:25 we start this routine of lay him down, he cries and cries, climbs up to the end of his bed, we go back in and lay him down, repeatedly until he falls asleep. Sometimes up to a half an hour.

Sometimes it works to stay with him, just standing there or having a hand on him, but sometimes even if you are with him he climbs down to the end of the bed by the door to "get out." Funny that he doesn't come to either of us, always to the end of the bed. :-)

He wares himself out, tears galore, kisses and laid back down by mom (dad is weak and talks to him), and offering of the bottle. Eventually he falls asleep and stays asleep all night. It's been WONDERFUL getting a good nights sleep. Hopefully I'm not shooting myself in the foot as I write this..... (I'll have Josh get up with him) :-)

Well, hopefully I've gotten up for the last time....

Good night,
Kim

1 comment:

The Schilling's said...

That's awesome to hear that Jonah is sleeping better. He may just be over tired by 8:25 and struggles to go to sleep. Maybe try laying him down around 8?? Autumn goes to bed now at 7:30... so I don't think 8 is too early. Just an idea!! :) See ya this weekend!