She still is in her routine of eat, sleep, and poop. She's been more awake though in the last few weeks and when she's awake, she's alert and talkative. She loves to kick and swing her arms around. She loves to sit up on your lap, not lay on your chest, and since her cord finally fell off at 3wks of age (not the typical 10-14days) she has also learned she's not a fan of tummy time. She tolerated it for the first minute or so. She's pretty good at scooting herself off the blanket already and swinging her lower half over in what looks like attempts to roll over to her back. I'm sure it's all involuntary/innate movements, but those movements will all come with a purpose sooner than later I'm sure.
Her quite sleeping has gone away, she's still not as loud of a sleeper that Jonah was, but she has her grunting marathons at night.
Next week, July 16, she has her 1 month bday and appt. with Dr. Mangold. I'm excited to see how much she weighs. We didn't have to have a 2wk appt so it's taken a lot of patience to find out. Many think she is over 7lbs by now and that she's gained some length as well.
Her NB clothes finally arrived from Carters.com (long story... see below) and she still fits into them. I thought they'd be too long for her yet, but they are just about perfect. We also got a few used items on the Vinton FB For Sale page. So she's set with pink and purple for a bit. Many of the new things we've been getting from friends and family are all WAY to big for her now. Even the 0-3 mo things are too big. She'll be in them sooner than later I'm sure. :-)
She's been a great eater. Still not a big fan of eating on both sides yet. She will once in a while, but not very often. So I'm always emptying one breast with her and then pumping on the other side. I'm not very good at ALWAYS pumping after I feed, usually only when I'm super full or at least 1x per night. We are still putting away for later, the milk supply in the freezer has at least doubled since the last "milk post."
We haven't been able to do much else b/c of the HEAT! It's been record heat here in Iowa and everywhere else for a couple weeks now. We can't seem to leave the AC for any length of time without the melting feeling taking over. Jonah - lover of everything outside- won't even leave the house. Things have been getting better though and we are hoping to get out and about here in the next few weeks as it is supposed to get cooler. Maybe a trip to the zoo?
Hope you enjoy our little life happenings and the pictures to go with them. I hope to continue doing updates every few weeks, but life happens. :-D
Kim
PS- cater's story... so I ordered a bunch of NB clothes the day after we arrived back home from the hospital so that she'd have something to wear. I got an email saying it would take 7 days to arrive. 4 days into shipping it then said it wouldn't be here until July 6. The package went from Mississippi, to California, to Wisconsin, to Kansas, to Illinois, and then finally to Iowa. AND it wasn't even delivered to my house by the carrier, it went to the post office for them to deliver it. UGH. They finally arrived on July 8 and thankfully they still fit. :-)
PSS- Jonah was super silly this week, here are a few of photos of Jonah or Jonah's ideas for pictures. :-)
| Always wants to hold her and then "take a picture mom" |
| He's also wanted to start "me sit here too" |
| 100+ degrees outside and he's got to wear his hat inside, also had on his coat in the house |
| he wanted her to sleep in his bed with him |
| she wasn't a fan, but he didn't mind. :-) |
| chilling in the living room :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment