Hattie's 1st Week of Life:
- eating like a champ, surpassed birth weight (6.9) by her newborn appointment (4 days old) with a weight of 6.10... she also grew 1/2 an inch. 19 1/4 to 19 3/4
- She's also sleeping like a champ at night, she's been pulling 3-4 hour stretches already at night. It's usually the first stretch, but those after the big one are at least 2 hrs if not more. During the day she also sleeps quite a bit. We try to keep her up when she does wake up, but it doesn't take much for her to crash!
- The milk has been flowing! (probably why she's plumping up). I have 30+ oz in the freezer already and get an average of 4 oz in the freezer a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on how much I can get her to eat in the daytime. We almost ALWAYS pump at night after she eats after her long stint in bed. I'm about to explode when she wakes me up and then when she starts nursing the let down makes it super worse, I survive though and it's all worth it when I get it in the bag/freezer for a later meal.

- She's had a lot of 1sts already... - 1st Chuckwagon race (2 in fact), 1st Wagon Ride (driven by her brother), 1st Shopping outing (to get her diapers and NB clothes), and 1st Fireworks display (Party in the Park- she slept right through them).
JONAH Update:
- Still massively in love with Chuckwagon racing. He participated in his first Pee Wee Chuckwagon race this weekend. He galloped the whole way, followed his wagon (even though they went the wrong way) and looked SO cute. I'm hoping to have a video on here soon.
- LOVING his little sister SO much. Every morning he has to find her right away and then give her a kiss on her head. He is always trying to help and loves to talk to her when she's awake. He's read books to her, shaken rattles for her, and sings to her. I'm sure she is getting sick of the ABCs, Little Teapot, and Apples and Bananas.
- LOVES to be outside, he's probably the happiest one about no rain as he gets to be outside playing as much as possible. He rides his trike, Thomas the Train, plays golf, runs around on his stick horse, swings on his swingset, drives his tractors around, and attempts to ride the dog. :-)
- He had a lot of fun at Party in the Park this weekend. He rode in a pony cart, in the barrel train, and watched the fireworks. He missed the rest of it due to going to the Chuckwagon races on Sat & Sun, but I'm sure he didn't mind. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment