background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our 1st Night as a Family of 4

We got home from the hospital around noonish. Dad grilled chops, mom put things away, Jonah was bonkers,  and Hattie was sleeping.

Hattie slept pretty much the entire day and night. She got a bath which woke her up just for the bath and then she went right back to snoozing. She didn't eat much and hadn't had a wet or dirty all day- night and I was getting nervous when we went to bed at 10. I got her to eat from a medela bottle, milked I pumped earlier in the day b/c I needed to and she wasn't ready to eat b/c she was SLEEPING! She took about an ounce and then passed out again. I'm sure she found it hard to stay awake after eating that much, but we were still nervous since food was going in, but nothing was coming out.

Finally around 3am and a few what I felt were failed attempts at getting her to eat (3 min here, 5 min there) I called the OB floor at Allen. I gave them our scoop and the nurse said she was fine, that we just needed to give her a little more time, and that she's probably just really worn out from the travel, transitioning, and nursing. She assured me that if she's taken that much milk at once (the 1oz from the bottle) that she's doing fantastic and that we should just try again around 5am, that would give us a bit of a longer stretch and maybe she'd be more hungry and ready to eat then.

So I went to bed, put Hattie back in her bed, said a prayer or two... reminded myself to let go and let God... and slept until 4:45am when she woke us up. :-) I've never been more relieved to hear a cry. Josh was thrilled too, I think he was out of bed before me. :-) She ate decently well and even had a big dirty diaper! I don't think I've ever been more thrilled about a poopy diaper either! :-) She's had a few more dirty diapers again today so we've got a healthy one on our hands.

She ate on one side pretty much for 8-10 min on the top of the hour for the next couple hours. She's been awake on and off this AM. Jonah loves to hold her and give her things. While in the swing today she's been given a stuffed monkey, his nerf gun, his stick horse, and even her hat smushed onto her head.
She has super long toes like me. :-) Brandon hates them, but I think they are ADORABLE! She'll be able to run fast and jump high someday. :-)

All her clothes are too big, we found this yellow sleeper, but you could probably fit 2 of her in there. She scrunches her legs up so they don't stay in the legs part.

She'll grow though. :-)


No comments: