background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa and Shopping





Dad and the guys went deer hunting so mom and the women & children went shopping. Isn't that how it works? ;-)

We went first to see Santa. Jonah was the only one of the 3 that would sit on Santa's lap. Paige thinks she's too old and Aiden was scared to death. Jonah just seemed to think this guy looked funny, but was fine sitting on his lap.

We then headed out shopping for the day. It seemed to much for the "men" in the car, they pooped out on the way there already. We ate at the Olive Garden and bopped around from store to store in the mall, with Jonah in the umbrella stroller. He did really well, looking at all the people, not whining a bit. We had more trouble with Aiden wanting to walk backwards in front of the stroller so he could see Jonah than we had with Jonah himself.
He didn't get fussy until the way home, it was past bath and bedtime routine and the rest of the night was awful. We got him settled down at home (Stan and Denises). Gave him a bath, fed him, and he fell asleep around 8 on the way out to see Josh at deer camp before heading home. I didn't hang out long b/c I didn't want him to wake up and he held out until we got home and I got everything in the house.
He was up then from 9:30ish-11:30. Then up again at 12:15 and 3:10. I finally got him to sleep at 5 and my alarm went off at 6:30 and he was up before I got back to bed from peeing. So, we were up for the day.
A few naps on Sunday, a great baby in church, and an okay night to start. In bed by 7:15, back up at 7:45, up again at 8:20, in bed by 8:55 until 1. Up until 3 (yes two hours of what he thought was eat and then play). We fell asleep on the couch together and stayed there until my phone went off at 5:45. I put him in the swing and got ready for the day.

Dicey roads all the way here to school today. He screamed for whatever reason from Gladbrook to the Grundy turn. I finally got out and consoled him before turning for the last 2 miles to GC. He calmed right down once I got back there. Little fart! Hope he has a good day at daycare.

Hope everyone stays warm!

Kim and Jonah

No comments: