Today we slept in, ate a hot breakfast in the hotel and set off for Grant’s Farm. It is run by the Busch people so there was a lot of talk about beer again and Josh got another free sample. Other than that it was pretty great for me. There was a lot of animals and fun things to see. The one thing I really wanted to do was to see the elephants up close and meet them for $5 but we didn’t get to. There wasn’t anyone around. There were a lot of kids around and one thing I realized is that my pace of life is going to get MUCH slower. That or I’m going to be the nascar mom with the stroller zipping in and out of people and their walking kids. Both Josh and I walk fast, so our children are going to have to learn to be speedy. ☺
We also hung out at the goat pen for quite the laughs. You were able to go into the pen and buy either little dry snacks to feed the goats or a bottle of milk. The kids were so eager to feed the goats, but weren't prepared for the attack they got when they got into the pen. The goats were ruthless and any child under the age of 5 got either trampled or pushed around. A traumatic experience for most.
The turtles were one of the coolest animals there, they were huge and VERY old. I hope Josh and I live that long together. :-) They looked like the perfect old couple. Stayed by each other's side, shrivelly skin, and had a hard time chewing the food in their pen. :-)
The horses in the picture are actual Budweiser Clydsdales. (The future generation anyway)
After a tasty lunch of sandwiches (ham and cheese for JR and PB & J for me) we headed out of St. Louis towards Kentucky. Versailles in fact. After about 5 hours in the car (at least 3 stops, don’t worry) we arrived to meet my aunt Annette for an evening of food and relaxation. I’ve included some pictures of the animals and such. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment