background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Staying home Friday... :-(

I called the Allen Birthing Center to ask about if it was safe for me to continue breastfeeding Jonah if I am coming down with something. The nurse said she didn't want to make the call since Jonah is so young. So she advised me to call his doctor, so I did. I called People's Clinic and they had the on-call doctor call me and she said (real short call) that I need to be wearing a mask when I am around him, wash my hands before and after handling him, and yes it was okay to continue breastfeeding. I asked her what I could do for me to get better and she said to call my doctor. She also said that they can treat me so that I am sick for a shorter amount of time.

So I called Grundy Clinics and the on-call nurse told me that I could take IBprofen for my symptoms but that I should get into the doctor as soon as I can. I'm going to call in asap in the AM to get an appointment if I can.

Jonah is not going to daycare on Friday and I'm not going to school. I never call in sick, this is the 2nd time in my entire life I have missed work. Two years ago I was puking sick on Easter and missed the Monday after. I just don't want to take the risk of us getting any sicker and just stay home and rest, besides getting into the doctor. Josh really played a big part in swaying me to stay home as well. He was me logic in this decision, otherwise I'm sure I would have gone and continued to be sick and maybe get worse, "just push through" kind of attitude.

So please PRAY for a speedy recovery, that Jonah doesn't get more sick (what I have), and for this to be just an extreme sore throat and aches and NOT the flu, h1n1 or the seasonal.
(BTW- the nurse at Allen said that just b/c we got the vaccines, we aren't 100% safe. There are nurses that got both shots like us and still came down with the flu. Super reassuring.)

Hope to see you this weekend, but hope you understand if we/I don't make it back north. :-(

Kim

No comments: