So... our clinic was closed today, so we went to Urgent Care to be seen.
We went later in the AM b/c I thought the fog would lift, but it didn't. It was just as bad coming home than it was in the morning when we left.
He coughed the entire time we were at the doctor's office, which was a good thing. They got to see what we've been dealing with. He was a trooper though, didn't fuss at all, even when they looked in his ears. :-) He was 15 lb, 9oz, but that was with a wet diaper, so I'm guessing he's more like 15 5 or 6 oz. He was 15 5 on Thurs, so maybe he really is 15 9. Who knows..... I'd just like him to be 16 by the time Feb 5 (his 6 mo checkup) hits. Then he'll be double birth weight.
The doc said that he sounds good in the lungs, and prescribed more nebulizer treatments, at a lower dose though, and a Pretezone cough syrup. The cough syrup is for 6 days and we are to give it to him in the AM after his first bottle. It can be hard on the stomache and it will probably give him LOTS of energy. So, we'll start that tomorrow morning, not at 3pm when we got home. :-)
We had the doc office fax his prescriptions to Walmart in CF since I had to go there anyway. We got to Walmart around 1pm, a little before.... and we don't leave until after 2:20.... we were there for over an hour!!!
So on the way home Jonah ate and had his neb when we got home. Way over due. He's been super happy and calm the whole time though. Even in Walmart, he just hung out in his carseat playing with his elephant and rings. Like he knew it wouldn't do any good to complain. What a good baby!
Well, we'll keep you posted. Hopefully the new stuff helps out more and he gets better by the end of the week.
I really hope so since I have the TAG supper on Friday, I have to be at school this week especially Friday.... thanks for the prayers!
Kim, Josh and Jonah
No comments:
Post a Comment