I started this post out today with the title like I always do and you would be surprised at home many "sleep" posts I've created. :-) When I start to enter "sleep" into the title bar they all pop up as possible options...
We slept very little last night. First off Jonah didn't sleep hardly at all at daycare, but then we went to Tyler's wrestling meet at North Tama. We didn't get home until 9 and then tried to get him to go to sleep. We had him down by 10 and he was up at 10:30, again at 11:45, and 1:00. We were up from 1:00-3:00-- wide awake- and then we had to wake him up at 6:45 b/c it was time to go already. It was SUPER hard to get up this morning, when my alarm went off at 6:00.
Busy weekend leaves no room for relaxing and naps... so we'll see how the start of next week goes.
I'm ready for the cry it out method..... josh isn't.
To make matters more stressful, my milk supply is running on low/empty. We have 5 oz in the freezer for tomorrow's daycare supply. That will go with whatever I am able to get today. He's drinking straight formula in bottles in the evening and before bed and then nursing in the middle of the night if necessary. I think I'm about out.... last night he wanted to nurse several times and never seemed to be getting very much, however, he was so tired he'd just fall asleep in my arms while rocking with a pacifier. Doesn't help 2 hrs later when he's still hungry and whining.
Hopefully we can keep it going for at least another month. Get him going on cereal or solids mixed with whatever I can pump. I'll be making more stops into the daycare in the next few days, dropping off what I get throughout the day. :-(
Oh well. At least we've made it this long.... one bonus to not breastfeeding... I can take medication for my ailments... I can't take anything for my head cold b/c it will effect my milk supply. So.. I deal with it... no sleep isn't helping my supply or my cold.
Kim
2 comments:
I would definately try the cry it out method. Addison cried one night for about 45 minutes and since then it has been smooth sailing for the most part. Also, try malts or malted milk balls to try and get your milk supply back up.
Hey Kim... We've been thinking of you guys, hoping that sleep is getting better.
How much feunugreek do you take per day? They say to take it until your milk smells like syrup?!
I know Autumn isn't close to Jonah in age but we've been putting her down right after her bottle around 9:00 each night and she seems to get better every time at falling right to sleep. But each night she gets her pacifier, the vibrator, and her little musical toy on as well as swaddled. We noticed if she is cold, she tends to wake up more...
I don't know if it helps but I'd say screw the doctor and give him some cereal to help him sleep?? The doctor doesn't have to be there every night!!
Hope to see you soon!!
Post a Comment