So we were awake this morning pretty early with nurses in and out and then just "being awake." We had a little down time right away this morning, enjoyed some breakfast (finally something in my tummy) and a good feeding of Jonah. Then the guests started to arrive around 11:30 and there was a steady stream all day through 8:15ish tonight. It was good to see everyone and we are SO GREATFUL for all our friends and family who have already shown so much love for our new little guy. The cute outfits and gifts are so wonderful, we couldn't be more thrilled with your generosity.
I'm pooped out, I really hope to get some good hard sleep tonight so I can go home "refreshed" as possible tomorrow. Jonah is still eating well, had some good stools and wet diapers, so he is getting plenty. He's been pretty content today, sleeping tons, eating every few hours, and enjoying everyone who has come to see him, except the cameras. He scrunches his nose, even with his eyes closed he somehow knows it's there. :-)
Daddy went out to eat with some family tonight so it has been a quieter evening for me, good to get some 'alone' time with my new little guy and just relax.
I've been watching the Cubs game, trying to instill some Cubs loving in our new little one. He got a home and away outfit (one blue, one gray) from Jon and Bethany today, so he is all set. The Cubs are losing now, so not really a good night to get him all gung-ho about the Cubbies, but then again, to be a Cubs fan you kind of have to be prepared for a loss. :-)
I'm going to try and get some sleep now, THANKS SO MUCH again for all the emails, blog comments, phone calls, and text messages. We are a blessed family.
Kim, Josh, and Jonah Meyer
1 comment:
Congratulations Kim and Josh -- I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. I hope your first day back at home with Jonah goes well. This is such an exciting time for you.
-Always
LeAnn
Post a Comment