Man, my parents are always busy. Dad is either in the field or running around for things for mom. Mom is always sitting with me nursing, changing my diaper, or attempting to catch a quick nap while dad has me. They say I've completely changed their world. I'd have to say my life is pretty sweet right now. Everyone at my beck and call. :-)
I've been teaching them a few things about life with a baby. So I guess you could say we have a whole house full of teachers. Let's go over the lessons I've taught thus far:
Feedings: I want one every hour on the hour or half hour or whenever I want. I'll take a good 20-30 minutes to do it, so mom will maybe get a half hour of sleep in between. That is if she can get me down, to bed, and asleep with the little time between my food cravings. I must admit that I've been pretty demanding. I kept her hopping on our first and second nights home. I was doing what the Allen nurses call 'cluster feeding' where I want food every hour... which is described above. My deal was that I did my cluster feeding from 11:30pm until 4:30am, not prime times for someone who wants sleep.
Diaper time: I have had to remind mommy twice now what it means to have a little boy in the house. It has been a little embarrassing, getting pee and poo all over the changing table and even pee in my eye once. She uses a tissue over my wee-wee now whenever the diaper isn't covering it. I'm glad she's caught on to my many cues. She has figured out that if it's time to change my diaper and my legs are straight out, I haven't finished yet. It can cause a big mess if she doesn't pay attention to that one or a dirty diaper instantly after changing the first one.
Sleep: When people told them to get as much sleep before I arrived as they could, they should have listened. :-) Thank goodness Grandma Petersen is here today (Saturday), mom is pretty drowsy. I sometimes see her nod off when she is feeding me. Daddy helps a lot too, he loves holding me and trying to get me to take that awful plastic thing. Doesn't he know I want the real deal. :-) He is a great daddy... we watched a duck hunting show together the last few mornings when mommy is taking a bath. I like the sound of the ducks coming in.
Well, it is time to eat. I'd better sign off and chow down.
Later!
Jonah
No comments:
Post a Comment