background

Meyer Family

Meyer Family
Winter 2014

Friday, August 21, 2009

Short and Fat!

Hey everyone! I had my 2 week appointment yesterday and you know what that nurse told my mom? She said that I've gained a whole pound since I left the hospital. I was 7 lb 10oz on Aug 6 when I went home and yesterday I was 8lbs 10.5oz at my doc visit. She also said that I've shrunk!! That was the most shocking to me. I was so proud of being longer than my uncle Brandon when I was born, but actually it was all in my head...literally. The nurse asked my mom if I had a cone head when I was born, her response was "oh yeah." Apparently I had a whole inch of cone headness/swelling, because yesterday when they measured my length, I was only 20 3/4 inches. Oh well.

I also had a lot of fun visiting my friends Adilyn and Emilyn Luhring in the hospital. They are only 5 and 6 lbs, born C-section on Wednesday. So I look like a porker next to them. We all 3 fit into my carseat to take a picture. Mommy and Danielle said we were SO CUTE!

I guess I had a more relaxing day than mommy, because we were in and out of the car so much and I was sleeping so hard, I didn't eat too much yesterday during the day and so it put mom in a world of hurt both in the "feeding" area and for her sleep. (again!)
I'm wide awake now though, have been since 7am this morning. So I don't know what she is so fussy about. She just took a shower and I spit up all over my bouncy chair, which is a bummer since now I can't hang out in my favorite spot today. I guess I'll have to hang in the swing, lounger, or in mommy's arms. They won't be bad spots. :-)

We might go visit Daddy today at school, later on in the afternoon... maybe. Depends on how the rest of our day goes. Well, I think I'd like to eat again, so I'll sign off and talk to you all later!

Jonah

No comments: