Jonah has had quite the day today. He ate around 8ish, had a bath (which was quite traumatic for him) and then after refusing to eat he went to have his circumcision. Josh and I ran around the hospital running errands (making appointments, getting our breast pump, and prescriptions).
He hung out with the nurses and slept, he was still super sleepy when we got back upstairs around 11ish and wouldn't eat. We were discharged around 11:30 and we ventured out into the outside world for the first time. Daddy got him in the car seat base and mommy sat next to him for the ride home. We took a detour to Walmart to get a few things for home and then ventured to Garwin.
We got home and went to Roger and Donna's to get our mail and to show off our little one. Donna could barely contain herself to get her hands on him. He stayed in the car seat though. :-)
We came in, got a few things in the house and fed little Jonah. He ate for a bit and I took a soak. Then when I got out I changed his very dirty diaper and then he fed again for another 45 min, 20 on one and 25 on the other! He was a hungry little fella. I finally cut him off, and he's been going to town on his pacifier for a little while now, but it has only been a little over an hour.
He sat in his swing for a little bit, wasn't super keen on it at first, just sitting, not swinging. He liked the music for a little bit, but I think he is too deep in it, and he slides down a little if you sit him too upright. We walked around the house for awhile together and he is now sitting in his bouncy chair with the vibrator button on. He is pretty content but sucking on that paci like mad!
I should rest, but it feels like I have a million things to do. Donna is going to bring supper over later, :-) goulash I think. Yum!
Okay, I'm going to hold my little bundle now, I'll update later.
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment